Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Make up Forever HD Foundation 128 and Yves St Laurent Faux Effet Mascara

Hey haven't been at home for a while to sit down and do a review on this.   I ran out of my Misha bb cream so before i bought more I wanted to try this foundation that I've heard so much about.   Also Misha tends to make u look white with a camera flash =(  

 Make Up Forever HD foundation in #128 (got it color matched at Sephora)  $40

So lets start with coverage:

My face before any makeup.  I have a few freckles and just general morning redness.


The foundation itself looks dark on my hand but it goes on pretty light.  Also the viscosity is pretty loose and watery.   There's no strong smells (unlike Mac foundation which smells like...paint) .   This is the amount that comes out in one pump.

After ( I apologize for the bad pictures. I'm super lazy to pull out the nice camera).  







As you can see, it nicely evens out my skin and gives it the dewy photobrushed skin.


Overall..the coverage is about MED.   Not translucent but not as  heavy as Mac.     It does the job  at covering my redness and evening out my skin tone.   It feels light and does not feel heavy at all.

Wear -  I tend to touch my face a lot , so it last about 5-6 hrs.  But if you're not doing a lot of sweating and changing out of close I'm sure it can last longer.

Final verdict.   I like it!   I think Imma try it out for a bit longer to see if it does anything negative to my skin but so far, its feels good, wearable for the full day and doesnt' look cakey.

Yves St. Laurent Effet Faux Cils  Mascara 

Also heard a lot bout this product and from Shopaholicness too.  So Since I had my Amazon coupon recently I got this as well for half the price.   

So how did it compare to my 5 dollar mascara?

Lets start with...my natural lashes 

EXHIBIT A


EXHIBT B 


Left = A                                                     Right = B

L= A                                                               R = B

Can you tell which one is the expensive mascara and which is the drug store?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Well   A= Maybelline Falsies Mascara 

B= Yves St. Laurent 

So my final verdict?  Yes there is as slight difference with the more expensive one.   It is slightly longer and doesn't clump as much with multiple applications.  BUT, from afar there is no dramatic difference.  There is, however, a dramatic PRICE difference Yves is 4x more expensive than Maybelline w/o 4x the performance.   

Pros:  
  • shiny packaging ( you laugh, but I'm such a sucker for packaging)
  • doesn't clump
  • gives you 2 cm longer than your average mascara 
Cons:
  • price 
  • price
  • price
  • price  (four times for 4x the price)

Probably will be returning this..I don't think its worth the price for what it does.  Goodbye shiny bottle.

Aite peace out guys.  I'm still loving my nails btw LOL 



3 comments:

  1. Agreed! I love my HD foundation too!! I tried Chanel Pro Luminere and Nars Sheer Glow, and the MUFE HD foundation still wins! Yay, now I don't have to go out and buy the YSL mascara. Been wanting to try it forever. Maybe I'll invest in a lash growth serum....hmmm....

    AND I LOVE YOUR NAILS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the foundation looks nice on you! I tried it too, but I think I just can't wear liquid foundations because of my oily skin. I got a sample of this to wear to a wedding and took pictures, and was totally shiny after a few hours =(

    And yay, I guessed the correct mascara! But yeah, I agree it is totally pricey. It can be a good splurge if you love mascara, but you can always wear falsies. hehe, and they're cheaper!

    ReplyDelete